Throughout Key Stage 3/4 students will be assessed as a performer, a coach and an analyst. At the end of the key stage we expect students to possess the following in each area;
- To be able to watch a performance and identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Combine identification with progress and suggest specific tasks to improve part or whole skills.
- To understand the teaching points of fundamental skills confidently enough to demonstrate to and coach another person.
- To be competent and confident in the fundamental skills required for a variety of sports (passing, receiving, shooting, dribbling etc).
- Have a developed awareness of tactics and strategies needed to overcome an opponent.
- Possess the acquired knowledge of rules and regulations to participate and referee games.
- Holistically we would like students to;
- Be confident in their communication skills to organise and lead a group.
- Value and actively work towards the promotion of physical, social and mental well-being, individually and amongst peers.