Pupil Premium Plan
“The government believes that the pupil premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it the most”. (DFE Website).
Since 2016, schools receive additional funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years.
Additional funding is available for each looked-after pupil who:
- has been looked after for 1 day or more
- has been adopted from care
- has left care under:
- special guardianship order
- a residence order
- a child arrangement order
- To ensure equality of education
- To provide equal access to opportunities outside the classroom
- To ensure that all students, regardless of background, make at least expected progress within subjects
- To maintain high levels of student attendance
- To support the transition of students through their school career