PE Department Aims
The PE Department strives to achieve the following aims for our students:
- Enable all students to experience and enjoy a wide range of sporting activities.
- Promote the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle and highlight the benefits of physical activity on the body.
- Provide extra-curricular opportunities for pupils to pursue their interests in sport and physical activity.
- Develop student’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural experiences through intra and inter school sport competitions.
- Allow students to gain coaching and leadership qualifications when working with young children through PE and school sport
- Enable pupils to work independently and as part of a team in varied activities
- To continue to develop community club links including links to clubs suitable for development of our high achieving national hopefuls.
- To employ teaching methods and resources that allow all pupils to have equal access to PE and school sport, irrespective of their ethnic origin, religion, sexuality or academic ability